Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mango Salsa


I hate falling behind on my updating this blog, but as I've said many times before, life sometimes just gets in the way. Though I still carry a considerable passion for food, cooking sometimes just seems to take a little too much energy, especially after a difficult or busy week at work. Well, not all cooking. New things. I've eaten plenty of home-cooked meals in the past few months--to the point of having to occupy an additional inch or so of the sofa now, in fact. I just haven't had the time to look through recipe books to find something new that I wanted to cook.

But that's okay. There are plenty of old, tried and tested recipes in my head that I still haven't posted here so at least they're new for the blog. Like this delicious mango salsa.


Now, most of the time, people just add a bit of onion and tomato and call it mango salsa, but I find that the slightly spicy flavours of the peppers, chili, and coriander actually compliment the sweetness of the mango a considerable lot. The lime is a must, as well!

So without further ado, here is the recipe!

Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
3 medium mangos, diced
1 red pepper, diced
4-5 Thai red chilies, finely chopped
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 tbs coriander, chopped finely
Juice of 1-1.5 lime(s)
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Guess how easy it is--yup, mix it all up and you're good to go! Goes fantastically well when wrapped in a tortilla with slices of salt/pepper marinated grilled chicken. Try a lime and onion marinade for the chicken too!

2 comments:

  1. Love mango salsa but I like it with a bit of a kick of spice. I use the salsa for a fish topping, so so good.
    Will give yours ago next time, thanks for sharing.
    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.easyrecipes.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to Easy Recipes will too.
    By joining Easy Recipes, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it. Simply visit www.easyrecipes.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?