The past week has been full of ups and downs as far as my health is concerned, so needless to say, this simple but nice, hearty, and warm soup was just the thing to make me feel better. No, it's not a miracle cure, but the light flavours and soft textures were perfect for soothing my flu symptoms. Plus, it was a great break from tasteless sick-people food!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Ease of Cooking||Yummy Factor||Apprx. Cost|
- 200g chicken breast, cut into large pieces
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups water
- Combine onion, chicken, and water in a pan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken cooked, but tender.
- Add vegetables and let it boil for another 20 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir well before cooking for yet another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot!