Italian Inspired Salad
Without really intending to, it turned out that we ended up making very Italian inspired food today. Originally, our plan was just to make a simple pesto, but while at the supermarket, we ended up buying a wee bit of sun-dried tomatoes, material for the pesto and this amazing salad I first had at a ex-classmate's house party years ago.
The salad is very simple to make, but tastes incredibly fresh and is perfect for spring/summer weather. No doubt we'll be making this again.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Ease of Cooking||Yummy Factor||Apprx. Cost|
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Few basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Place onion slices of about the same size as the tomato slices on top of the latter.
- Add a slice of mozzarella on top.
- Douse first with olive oil, and then with balsamic vinegar. Add more of either if desired.
- Place one basil leaf on top of each of the pieces.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving. Best served cold!